Pathfinder Growth Potentials offers a vast selection of topics for your professional development needs. Prices are based on several factors including:
- Delivery method (live in-person, or via webinar)
- Number of participants
- Length (hour, half or full-day)
- Travel requirements
Contact Gina to discuss your upcoming professional development requirements.
Here is a list of the topics we offer. If you don't see the topic you are interested in presenting, please contact us. We can create a custom presentation for you.
Topics marked with an asterisk * are natural complements to the EQ-i 2.0 assessments. For more information on the EQ-i 2.0, go to the Assessments page.
10 Soft Skills You Need
- Soft skills are those skills which allow us to effectively work with others. No matter what your position, organization, or industry, you work with people! Taking the time to build effective soft skills can contribute to a more efficient, and more productive workplace.
- This workshop will help teach participants how to identify their anger triggers and what to do when they are angry.
Assertiveness And Self-Confidence
- Being confident allows us to set and reach our goals. It provides stability when we are faced with a challenge; it gives us that push that helps us overcome difficulties. Strong communication skills are essential for assertive interaction with others. Humans are social animals and communication is a very important part of our daily lives.
- Attention management is a useful skill that allows managers to connect with their employees on an emotional level and motivate them to focus on their work and how to reach their personal and company goals.
Being A Likeable Boss*
- While many who enter into management and leadership roles want to be genuinely liked by the workers they supervise, seeking popularity for its own sake can be a dead-end path. Many have tried to lead while seeking popularity only to find that, indeed, they are loved but not respected.
- Change is a constant in many of our lives. All around us, technologies, processes, people, ideas, and methods often change, affecting the way we perform daily tasks and live our lives.
Civility In The Workplace
- While a training program on workplace manners and courtesy may seem like overkill, the reality is: rudeness is an epidemic costing industry millions a year. Indeed, what society seems to be gaining in terms of both knowledge and technological advancement, it’s losing out on basic social values that directly impact the bottom line.
Coaching And Mentoring
- This workshop focuses on how to better coach your employees to higher performance. Coaching is a process of relationship building and setting goals. An easy-to-understand coaching model taught in this workshop will guide you through the process.
- For the better part of every day, we are communicating to and with others. Whether it’s the speech you deliver in the boardroom, the level of attention you give your spouse when they are talking to you, or the look that you give to the cat, it all means something.
- Wherever two or more people come together, there is the possibility of conflict. This presentation will give participants a six-step process that they can use and modify to resolve conflicts of any size.
Creative Problem Solving
- In the past few decades, psychologists and business people alike have discovered that successful problem solvers tend to use the same type of process to identify and implement the solutions to their problems. This process works for any kind of problem, large or small.
- We live in a knowledge based society, and the more critical you think the better your knowledge will be. Critical Thinking provides you with the skills to analyze and evaluate information so that you are able to obtain the greatest amount of knowledge from it.
Delivering Constructive Criticism
- Constructive criticism can be a helpful tool when used with the intent of helping or improving a situation in the workplace. However, it can be one of the most challenging things not only to receive, but also to give.
- Creativity and innovation will improve your chances of success in business and in life. Fortunately, there are steps that can be taken to inspire you and develop your creative mindset. By changing the way you think and overcoming your fear of risk, you will improve your creativity and change your life.
Developing New Managers*
- Effective, high-quality management is key to organizational success. No matter what your industry, your organization needs to have skilled managers in place to be the best it can be. But managers don’t just appear out of nowhere, equipped with the skills to succeed. Managers need to be developed.
- Emotional Intelligence is defined as a set of competencies demonstrating the ability one has to recognize his or her behaviors, moods, and impulses, and to manage them best according to the situation. This course will give you the tools you need to be emotionally intelligent in your workplace. An employee with high emotional intelligence can manage his or her own impulses, communicate with others effectively, manage change well, solve problems, and use humor to build rapport in tense situations. These employees also have empathy, remain optimistic even in the face of adversity, and are gifted at educating and persuading in a sales situation and resolving customer complaints in a customer service role.
- This course is designed to show you the way to get the best out of confident, motivated employees, and to show you how to motivate that group.
- This workshop will help you understand the various generations present at work and understand what motivates each of them and how to work together.
Learning how to deal with the generation gap at work will help you become a better manager or co-worker.
Goal Setting And Getting Things Done
- Everyone has dreams and goals. Achieving personal and professional goals, however, requires planning and action. Learning how to manage time and set realistic goals will increase your chance of success in every area of your life.
- Life constantly demands our attention, but when we become fixated on the past or worried about the future, we often miss vital information in our present situations. Cultivating a state where you are consistently aware of your present moment is not impossible, but it takes practice.
Improving Self Awareness
- A vital way of becoming more effective in both business and life is by becoming more self aware. If you can become aware of your self – your strengths and your weaknesses – then, you can become aware of the effects you create. Implementing the guidelines in this module is the first step in a continual process of deepening your awareness of your self and the effects you create.
Increasing Your Happiness
- It might sound a little strange to say that we should be happy at work. After all, it’s called work! But we spend more time at our jobs than we do engaged in almost any other activity. If we’re unhappy at work, we’re likely to feel the effects in other areas of our lives, too. Finding ways to be happy at work not only brings you greater productivity and greater job satisfaction, but will help you achieve greater overall mental, emotional, and physical health.
- We’ve all met that dynamic, charismatic person that just has a way with others, and has a way of being remembered. This workshop will help participants work towards being that unforgettable person by providing communication skills, negotiation techniques, tips on making an impact, and advice on networking and starting conversations.
Leadership And Influence*
- Leadership is not telling others what to do. Leadership is inspiring others to do what needs to be done. Many people around the world who are in leadership positions are not leaders. Dictators call themselves leaders but they are not – they are tyrants. There have been many presidents of the United States, but few were real leaders. Genuine leaders take a stand and motivate others to join them in a noble purpose. One such leader was Abraham Lincoln, who ended slavery in the United States. Another was John F. Kennedy, who inspired a nation to go to the moon within a decade, and it did. General Patton had a completely different but no less effective leadership style. What is it that makes a leader, and what separates the good from the great? This workshop will explore different leadership theories and examine what makes a great leader.
Managing Workplace Anxiety
- It is normal to have some fear or feel out of place at work sometimes, but when the anxiety begins to control you and keep you from performing your normal activities it becomes a serious problem. We can all learn to overcome them by identifying the key problem and finding a way to manage them, before they manage you.
Motivating Your Sales Team
- Sales can be a tough job, and it can be hard to keep your sales team motivated to pursue leads and close deals day after day. Rejection is sometimes part of the job in sales, and that can make some days more difficult than others. Developing a solid set of strategies for motivating your sales team will not only increase your bottom line, but will increase team member satisfaction and retention. Taking the time to figure out how best to prepare and motivate your sales team is one of the best investments you can make in your organization.
- Social intelligence can seem like a complicated term and can make many of us feel nervous. But social intelligence is something we deal with every day and it can help us navigate better experiences from our social environment. Whether we’re at home or at work, knowing how to be more aware of ourselves and our surroundings can help us make the best out of any social situation!
- Positive and negative stress is a constant influence on all of our lives. The trick is to maximize the positive stress and to minimize the negative stress. This will give participants a three-option method for addressing any stressful situation, as well as a toolbox of personal skills, including using routines, relaxation techniques, and a stress log system.
Team Building For Managers*
- Your organization’s people are its greatest asset, and when they work together as a team they accomplish even more. But teamwork doesn’t just happen. Teams have to be created, developed, and continuously nurtured. A solid team building strategy can create an environment of greater collaboration and collegiality, which is good not only for the bottom line for your people themselves. There are many different ways to build a team, and to continue fostering a sense of teamwork. Developing a diverse team building tool kit helps your people grow at every stage.
Teamwork And Team Building*
- For most of us, teamwork is a part of everyday life. Whether it’s at home, in the community, or at work, we are often expected to be a functional part of a performing team. This workshop will encourage participants to explore the different aspects of a team, as well as ways that they can become a top-notch team performer.
Women In Leadership
- Women make up almost half the US workforce, yet they are promoted to leadership positions at a rate far lower than are their male colleagues. What accounts for this leadership gap? How can organizations foster and develop women leaders? Studies show that having women in leadership positions brings many benefits to an organization, including greater accountability and a culture of work-life balance. Yet it can be difficult to determine the barriers to women’s advancement, and even more difficult to surmount them. Learning how to foster and develop women as leaders not only benefits individual employees, but can benefit your entire organization.
- Work- life balance is essential to combat stress, ensuring both individual and company success. The stress associated with unbalanced lifestyles is costly; it damages productivity and increases individual health risks. Employees who have the tools to balance their professional and personal lives are happier, healthier, and more productive.